Art is all around us and impacts our lives daily. It's no different in our community and the Arts & Cultural Council has a mission to "promote support and enhance arts & cultural activities through education, exposure and participation." Founded in 1995, the Arts Council's Board is made up of arts organizations, arts supporters and artists! In August of 2018 the Council took on a new role as the oversight board for the ARTisTREE District.
Since its beginning, the Council has provided a broad spectrum of support, events, public art and advocacy for other arts programming. Over the years we've sponsored events like the Purdue and Miami University's Glee Clubs, The Nutcracker by Evansville Dance Theater and "A Night at the Opera" featuring talented locals who had gone on to other areas to pursue their artistic dreams. The Council has been involved with:
- the downtown murals (Wings, Love Grows Here, Keep On Trukin')
- Barklee wood carved dog sculpture at the dog park
- Rebekah Park amphitheater construction
- Murals on both sides of the storage building at the edge of Rebekah Park
- Pickleball mural on the Armory
- Musical instruments at Rebekah Park
- Mural at the corner of Franklin & Main by Artist Nicole Ponsler
- and more.....
We welcome your input and encourage to contact us through this site or feel free to contact one of our board members listed at the bottom of this page.